Thursday, March 25, 2010

22

This past weekend was one of the best I have had in a long long time! My two best friends from growing up, Ine and Jessica, flew all the way to PROVO to come visit me!!! I felt so loved and so happy!

Friday
1:05 pm - Get a call from Jessica informing me she and Ine landed.
1:06 pm - During the call, Jessica proceeds to yell at Ine because she is obviously making a scene about how "cold" it is. Mind you, I am wearing a light blouse without a jacket - oh Californians.
1:11 pm - While driving through the airport, I spot Ine from afar off. Correction, I spot the furry animal-like cap adorning her head.
The Cap


1:15 pm - I give the two greatest girls a HUGE hug!!

Ok, enough of the play-by-plays. We got into Provo, and of course, Ine and Jess needed to make a Sonic run for their Cherry Lime-aids. Ine had already map-quested the nearest Sonic. We got home, and I fed them lunch. Homemade Corn Chowder with bread sticks. We then went to tour campus for a bit. Ine shopped in the kids section, while Jess and I each got some normal sized clothing.

Then, at around 7 pm, we all headed to the Men's Volleyball game vs. USC. WE WON!! While leaving the game, Ine, Jessica, and I had a funny little encounter. I will not mention anything further in an effort to protect innocent parties.

What would a reunion be without FOOD! We stopped at a Mexican food restaurant unique to Provo - Costa Vida. Then, we stopped by a Frozen Yogurt shop for some delicious FroYo. Finally, to end the night, we walked into a random house having a dance party. OH MY WORD. WE LEFT ASAP! It was made up of some odd individuals dancing to the polka, "jerking," and doing back flips. Don't worry. We got out of there.

Saturday
Jess and I woke up early Saturday morning at around 8:30 am and made some delicious Sour Cream Pancakes; however, we replaced the bananas with strawberries because Ine is allergic to bananas. We then spread peanut butter on the pancakes and drizzled honey atop the strawberries. So tasty. I think my favorite flavor in the pancakes was the lemon zest the recipe called for. It gave the pancakes a little zing! I loved it!


After a hearty breakfast, Jess and I attempted to awaken Ine. (She did not join us for the aforementioned breakfast.) If anyone has ever attempted to wake Ine up before noon, it's quite an adventure. I thought that I might lose my life that morning; however, I think the aroma of the lemony pancakes drizzled with honey lifted her spirits. She woke up eventually and dined on her breakfast.

We then went roller-blading. Or tried to. Enough said.


After that... the party prep began! My dear roommate Karen, Ine, Jessica, and I redid the living room and turned it into a dance floor. We decorated the room with balloons and streamers, made delicious treats, and created a rad playlist. Then, my home teacher Ben brought over his keg-orator. A homemade root beer machine/maker! Cool. I know.

Then the party got started!!! What a funnn night! Thank you to everyone for coming. This was definitely a memorable birthday!




Sunday
Finally, the weekend ended with church. Jess and Ine joined... thanks girls! I know 3 hours is long, but I am pretty sure the snacks and hidden Dr. Pepper in Ine's purse got you through it! Finally, at around 1, I dropped Ine and Jess off at the airport. Sad day... however, on a brighter note... this is the last time I will have to say bye to them. Back to California for me come June!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun birthday weekend!!! If I was up at BYU I would have totally been there. :) Glad you had such a great time. I love and miss you and can't wait to see you in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boooo....don't be so excited to leave me and go back to California! Until June, I'm just going to pretend like you're never leaving. Happy happy birthday! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its sounds like you had the best birthday!!!! sorry i'm a little late on the wishes, but i love you so so much! happy 22nd birthday!!!

    happy birthday to you, happy birthday to youuu, happy birthday dearest emilyyyyy, haaaaappy birrrthday to youuuuuuu!!!!

    ReplyDelete