Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And now for the updates...

Hi! It seems like I have neglected this for a while now. The past couple of weeks have been very eventful. Here's the run down...

I have been interviewing and applying for a number of jobs, accounting, finance, or management related. I don't know if I will get any of them, but I am trying to have as many options as possible. This is what a typical interview day goes like.

6 am - Wake up, completely stressed about the fact that I am going to be grilled by some professional for 30 min to an hour.

6:30 am - Don't eat breakfast because I am too nervous, and will probably puke it up.

7:30 am - Put on the "business professional" attire. Ok, confession time. I LOVE to dress up. I LOVE to wear business professional attire. I love wearing my little kitten heel shoes. Yeah, I said it. Now what?

7:45 am - Out the door to class!

Sometime during the day - INTERVIEW! "Emily, tell me about a time you exhibited leadership qualities..."

Then, the rest of the day goes on... except I am especially happy because I still get to be dressed in the business professional attire for the rest of the day! :)

Besides interviews and school... I have had some other wonderful life events. First of all... my elbow is healing magnificently. I see my physical therapist once a week and he helps me. He begins by using a protractor to measure how many degrees I am away from complete movement of the elbow. I am improving at about a degree a day. Then, he uses this coco butter and tools to break up the torn ligaments around my elbow. Then... now this is the worst part... he pulls on my arm and elbow and coerces my elbow into complete extension. It hurts. I cry. He tries to avert my attention by asking me about my dating life.

Another exciting event that occurred. Well, one day, I opened the door to the rat-hole of an apartment that I am living in, and a stray cat ran in... all the way past the kitchen, living room, and bathroom to mine and Alison's room. I screamed. Daniela, my Czech roommate, grabbed the dang cat and put it outside. Then... 5 minutes later, I opened the door a crack and the stray fur ball was sitting staring right at me. I screamed. Alison grabbed a broom and started to stab at the cat. It ran away. I hate animals. So much.

Finally... Ruth and I have been going to the gym! We have yet to make it a full hour work out one of these nights... but hey, at least we go right? We also went to the Provo Farmer's Market two Saturday's ago. We bought some cute home made earrings and rings, some home made tamales and salsa, pears, apples; we sampled a million foods! Mmmm... it's been a good year so far.

Last night, I went to my friend Margo's dinner night. We had Hawaiian Haystacks that were soooo good! She is amazing, and her apartment resembles Hogwarts. I love Harry Potter... and Dumbledore.






I am happy. :)

1 comment:

  1. ooh sorry about your elbow! glad to hear its healing though :) i am REALLLLY envious of those hp cutouts, i think i need that dumbledore in my front room. yes. also i am happy you're happy :) good luck with the interviews!

    ReplyDelete