Friday, October 9, 2009

Conference Weekend and a Birthday...

Last weekend was General Conference. I got the chance to head up to SLC with Alison and spend the weekend with her family. It was such a fun and good weekend; it's nice being in a home every once in a while. :)

One of my favorite talks was by Elder Robert D. Hales. He spoke on the importance of knowing our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ:

"As a special witness of the Only Begotten Son of our loving Heavenly Father, even Jesus Christ, I testify that God lives. I know He lives. I promise that if you and those you love will seek Him in all humility, sincerity, and diligence, you will know with a surety too. Your witness will come. And the blessings of knowing God will be yours and your family’s forever."


What a powerful talk he gave. I am grateful for the opportunity to watch and listen to these modern day apostles and prophets of God.

After watching Conference, some of the lovely friends over at Alison's for the weekend helped in producing an original music video. We love love love the Backstreet Boys.


Then... yesterday... was Daniela's birthday. Daniela is my beautiful Czech roommate who just turned 23. I love her!


Ok... that is a short version of my past couple of weeks...

3 comments:

  1. Emily! We can definitely be hug friends! And I like your blog too! I like that we have the same middle background thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah and I like that our profile pictures are pretty much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun at the birthday party! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete