Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Celebrations!

The past 3 days have been full of Celebrations!

PRE-THANKSGIVING
On Sunday, my two great friends, Ruth and Jordan threw a Thanksgiving Feast at their apartment and invited close to 25 people to share in the festivities! This is their second annual Thanksgiving Dinner and I have loved being able to attend. I made GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE, except it was a gourmet version this time... I will admit, it was so tasty!Probably my favorite dish at the dinner was this apple, caramel, heath, and whip cream salad that was divine! Just look at all the delicious food we had. (The company was an added bonus too!) Thank you Ruth and Jordan - I love you two so much!





happy birthday Ruth... not capitalized
On Monday, I got to celebrate Ruth's birthday with her and some close friends. We all enjoyed a beautiful and tasty lemon cake (picked out by Jordan)! Then, it was fun just to be with Ruth and spend time with her on her special day. Whenever it is my friend's birthdays I like to tell them what makes me grateful for them...

What makes me so grateful to have Ruth as one of my best friends is her willingness to always listen to me and offer me good advice. Without fail, she always drops everything she is doing (even work) to listen to me if I am crying, if I am laughing and happy, or when I just want to talk. I am so grateful for that. Another thing I love about Ruth is how selfless she is. She has been so unselfish towards me throughout our entire friendship. She always gives me food that she has at her house; she always goes to the gym with me even if she DOES NOT want to go, and once she let me live in her spare bedroom for close to 2 weeks. Thank you Ruth; I love you!



Happy Birthday Jess
Today, Tuesday - November 24, 2009, is my best friend's birthday! Happy Birthday Jess. Unfortunately this is the first year since being her friend that I don't get to spend it with her because I am staying in Utah for Thanksgiving Break. However, I sent myself to her in a package... so hopefully that will do until Christmas. Some of the things that make me grateful to have Jess as a best friend are the following:

Jess has been my friend since 5th grade, and even though we spend so much time together over the past 9-10 years, we still unfailingly have so much to always talk about. That is what I love; no matter how far away I am in Utah or how often we see each other, we always can pick up like nothing has changed. Another thing I love about Jess is how loyal of a friend she has been to me. She has always stood by me to support and stand up for me. Thanks Jess... I love you and can't wait to see you this Christmas!!!


I love celebrations, and I just figured out why. It's the people that I celebrate with that make celebrations so celebratory. (Oh... the food is also great!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Emily!! I am so grateful you are my friend and that sometimes you even encourage me NOT to go to the gym! The green beans were great, and thanks for keeping me company all night yesterday!!

    (Even though now I know you were NOT doing your homework...)

    ReplyDelete